10/10/2013 - LUCKY List No. 1

So this entry contains my very first published LUCKY list 
But first I might also share me and my current state of life in a nutshell.

I'm 26.
I live in Berlin.
Yet I am not "ein Berliner".
I grew up in a small town near the Baltic Sea that is a 45 minute drive from Hamburg.
I'm a student of Sociology.
I'm about to write my Master Thesis.
My family is the most important thing in my life.
I don't like sports. Nevertheless I pay for a fitness studio every month.
I love the sea.
Actually I love nature in general.
I prefer chatting while sipping wine or gin tonics over clubbing.
I love to cook and even more I love to eat.
I can not imagine myself living in a big city for my whole life.
I want to own a house someday.
I really wanna go travel again after I finish my Master next spring.
I'm just starting to save money to accomplish this aim.
Envying other peoples lifes or strenghts is something I'm constantly working on - 
therefore this space also is a place to learn to value my own life more.
Sometimes I really do need to get things into perspective.
Most of the times I should be more relaxed and easy-going.
However there are times where I should care more.

*****


ANYWAY... this list, 
my very first list, will contain several things that I noticed during the last couple of days...
I'm home to visit my parents for a few days before I have to plunge into work next week.



1. Spending time with my family in general.
I do not see my parents or sister regularly.
And spending time with them is something I should never underestimate or take for granted.
Yesterday I spend a whole day with my Mum...

The next few itmes on my list are things that made that day so special:

*

2. Sweets and Coffee.
Yesterday I spend a whole day with my Mum.
We had coffee and brownies (with marshmallows and salted peanuts) - heaven!!!
We looked at displayed cuisine magazines and interior design magazines.
We chatted and went shopping.


*

3. Pasta with Scampis and Garlic
We had lunch that contained scampis and garlic... a lot of both.
Two things that make me swoooon.
There is no such thing as too much garlic.
Never ever ever.


*

4. Calm movie nights with a cup of tea on the sofa
Last night we had a chilled movie night (we saw Page Eight which was pretty good!)
and a few bitters in between (because my stomach wouldn't stop to revolt against my prior eating habits)  


*

5. Abendbrot
Something I barely eat when I'm not at my parents.
This awaited me when I came home on Tuesday night.
Just a great childhood memory.


*

6. Autumn. 
The coloured leaves in my parents garden.
The cold weather. The rain. The early darkness.
Just love it.


*

7. Train rides.
The ride from Berlin to my parents took about 3,5 hours.
As long as it is still light out I do nothing but stare out of the window.
So that is what I did 2,5 hours on Tuesday evening.
Watching sceneries pass by is one of my favourite things.
And it is even better with good music.

1 comment:

  1. What a great list of things to feel lucky about! I also prefer sipping and chatting over clubbing :)

    ReplyDelete